Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 1- LET'S MEET LEIGH!

What makes me a person someone would want to message on an online dating site? How do they know I'm even telling the truth? Yes, I do enjoy intellectual conversations, Yes, I believe that evolution and creationism should be taught side-by-side in school, No, I don't do hard core drugs...and I believe it's awkward that you do, and finally, No, I don't think it's any of your business how much alcohol I drink. All of those are questions that OK Cupid asks you (plus about 500 more you can choose whether or not to answer), and based on those answers you get a compatibility score that ranks from Match to Friend to Enemy. I happen to have a 95% date rate (I.E. I'm a pretty solid match- COME AT BRO!).  

Anyhow, I set up my profile today and I had very awkward moment. One of the questions they ask you (that is soon displayed on your main profile) is "What are good at?" Realistically what I wanted to say was: spending money, polishing my nails, lounging...hard, talking, talking loudly, texting, watching Netflix.  What I said instead was: taking life as it comes, make french pressed coffee, hammocking, chaco tanning.  Also, it took me and a friend about 25 minutes to come up with that short list so...things got weird when we realized I'm not good at anything helpful/real/useful. 

Another one of the questions was "On a typical Friday night I am:" what I should have said was "in bed by 10 because I am real adult with a job" what I said instead was "debating wether or not to go out" which is true but let's be honest...it's not the truest of the two. 

After reading my profile over again I thought to myself "Heck ya I'd date that girl! She's carefree and fun! And maybe even kind of hipstery!" Then I had a moment of self reflection where I asked myself "hmm is this really who you are, Leigh?" Then I told that self reflective weirdo to shut it up and keep it moving...it's time to get a date. 

Honestly though, most of the information is very accurate...right? Anyhow, after about 10 minutes of being LIVE on OK Cupid I had 2 suitors!! You'll have to stay tuned to hear about how these guys are but SPOILER ALERT: one of them sent me 8 messages in 2 minutes...no I didn't respond...I didn't have a chance... and the other guy lives in....DRUM ROLL PLEASE...england...so that's super helpful...and convenient...NOT.

It’ll be fun, right?


 xoxox more soon,

Leigh 

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be an interesting journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud. Please keep updating. Also, I met my boyfriend online and we've been together almost three years. It can work. You just have to be patient and have a good sense of humor (which you do!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will keep updating! I'm glad to hear that there are some success stories out there!! : )

      Delete